Help! Accidentally gave baby chicks Arizona Tea!!!

Chicklove88

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2018
Hey guys i am new to this website and am fairly new to chick owning. I accidentally gave my 2 week old baby chicks Arizona tea with green tea in ginsing, vitamin c, sugar. Is it TOXIC???They only had access to it for about 10min before i realized what i did, so i dont think theu got much but i definitely saw them drink it! I know it sounds stupid and how could i be such a terrible negligent owner, please help! It been about 20 min. They are acting fine. Shoud i worry or do anything? I immediately rinsed out the waterer gave them their normal water with probiotics and electrolytes and diluted it again with 50% normal tap water.

I had used an old Arizona tea jug to mix their water and labeled it and put it in the fridge. Well there was another exact same jug in the fridge that had real tea and i gave it to them. I put the jug back in fridge and saw their labeled jug already in the fridge!!! It looked just like theirs!!! Idk why i didnt notice i gave them the jug labeled for them!!
I feel horrible!

Um, they will probably get the runs. But, I don't think it will kill them. Just keep an eye on them, and if you notice weird behavior or the runs won't stop, then please report back.

By the way, Arizona tea contains more sugar than any supplement, so it would be pretty much like giving them sugar water, which some people do to perk up a lethargic chick. I hope that lessens your worry.

:lau No won't it hurt them much if at all . It's not toxic at all and their intake at this age is minimal .You really only need to supplement them with probiotics for a week or so after they hatch . Just enough to get them started then their gut is working and regular chick starter grower is fine .

:lau No won't it hurt them much if at all . It's not toxic at all and their intake at this age is minimal .You really only need to supplement them with probiotics for a week or so after they hatch . Just enough to get them started then their gut is working and regular chick starter grower is fine .
Oh! So i dont need to give them probiotics anymore?

Back
Top Bottom