Help! Advice and ideas for a combination upright and side turner.

farmcraftpunk

Chirping
Mar 8, 2023
Ok so here is the situation... I have a dozen hatching eggs that have been in my hovabator with the incuturn automatic egg turner for about 8 days, all of them showing expected rate of growth so far. I have another 5 eggs that are on day 4. These were supposed to be a test run for some eggs I was having shipped to me mid April. Two days ago I had the seller message me that she was ahead of schedule and had sent the eggs early! When those eggs arrived today many of the air sacs were damaged or floating and advice was to let them rest for a few hours and then incubate pointy side down.

The problem is that the current egg turner turns eggs on their side, not upright. So I will need to gently turn the upright eggs by hand... which is doable if not ideal. However I would like to keep the remaining eggs on their sides.

The solution I came up with is pictured below. If anyone had a better solution I am all ears!

Additionally I do not know if my solution will effect the process of the egg turner?

I have another small dome incubator I can use for hatching the early batches, it also has an automatic turner that doesn't work if it is fully loaded... but can be removed for hatching lock down.

Attachments

• 20230406_161401.jpg
    20230406_161401.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 25
Will an egg carton fit in your incubator? If so, I would put eggs in one that way you can turn them all at once. Simply prop up one side of carton then switching to other side to turn. How do you turn them with your solution?
Individually! I am going to go cut an egg carton in half now! I initially thought of that and then discarded that idea... sometimes simpler is better.

Back
Top Bottom