Help again! Just making sure here...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 10_is_enough, Jun 6, 2011.

1. 10_is_enough

10_is_enough Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    I would like to know if anyone can confirm these breeds for me? They are all bantams...

Old English Roo? If so, is he a certain breed of that or is it just Old English Game?
    [​IMG]

Dutch hen?
    [​IMG]

Once again, I know I am sounding silly but there are so many names out there I would love to know just what they are instead of the category. Thank you all, you have been great at helping me identify my 2 porcelain d'uccles! So excited!!

2. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    No clue on the breeds, but they are gorgeous!! [​IMG]

3. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    The first one looks sorta like a Gold Sebrite to me....

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:x2

5. greenbird

greenbird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Dont sebrites have rosecombs?

6. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    Sebright are supposed to have a rose comb, but if it is a hatchery bird, anything is possible. I have a silkie I got from TSC that has a single comb, it's still a silkie, it's still cute [​IMG] but it just isn't up to the breed standard. But, that is definitely a Golden Sebright, not sure on the other one.

7. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    Just checked my handy dandy breed book, I think you are right on the Dutch hen [​IMG]

8. 10_is_enough

May 16, 2011
    The first one is only about 6 weeks old and his comb is still growing. I actually have 3 of these and believe 2 are roos. And thank you on the Dutch hen, I looked and more or less matched up the chick. Although I saw a Belgian D Anver that looked like her too. Quail. So I'm still not sure. I suppose it's better when they get bigger but with all of you helping I can see them for what they will be and they are all so pretty!!

9. 10_is_enough

May 16, 2011
    I just had someone tell me in another thread that the second one that I thought might be a dutch hen may be a partridge wyandotte. Any takers? I'm trying to look at the markings on her feathers carefully. I've noticed some similarity but not for sure! Goodness they are pretty close!

10. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    dutch have slate legs, your girl has yellow legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by