Help again! What breed is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by remadl700, Jul 29, 2010.

1. remadl700

remadl700 Songster

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    Any help?
    The pics are of our bantam rooster. His name is Benny and he is the head hauncho out of 4 roosters including a JG and a Welsummer. Just ask him and he will tell you!

We are trying to determine what he is and get him appropriate companionship. You can see he has a neat double comb. Some of the pics aren't real clear because he wouldn't stop moving [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    He looks like some type of Game cross.

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    He looks like a "possible" red sexlink roo... I've had some RIR/White Leghorn crosses that look very simular to this roo, but there are several possibilities... he's definately a cross breed of some kind.

4. laughaha

laughaha Songster

May 5, 2010
    he is positively gorgeous if he's a red sex link roo- mine have never looked that pretty!! I've never seen a RSL roo with that type of a comb before, all mine have always had a regular comb. Pretty bird

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. remadl700

remadl700 Songster

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    would you call his comb a double comb or a buttercup? What other breeds have this type of comb?

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Looks like a rose comb to me. I have no idea what he is but agree with the possible game cross.

7. remadl700

remadl700 Songster

Nov 18, 2009
    oregon
    OK - Looks like a cross for sure with a Red Pyle Old English Game bird. I just don't know what would have given him that double comb and huge waddles.

Keep the guess's comin.

Thanks for everyone's help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by