Help aging and sexing chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shadowscar00, Nov 13, 2016.

1. shadowscar00

shadowscar00 New Egg

Nov 13, 2016
    I rescued these three babies a while ago and have no idea how old they are or what sex they are. I know that two of them are barred rocks and the other is some kind of boiler chicken. These are my first chickens and I want to make sure I'm keeping on schedule with when to move them up on feed, when to take away their heat lamp, and when they'll be able to move into the coop I'm working on.

The first one :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Second:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ECSandCCFS

ECSandCCFS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Georgia
    Those two both look to be Barred rocks, like you suspected. They both look like roosters as of right now, because of the wide, white barring and bigger combs and wattles, but don't totally give up hope yet. I don't see a third chick right now. These seem to be about 3 weeks old, maybe 4. It may help to repost this in the "What breed or gender" section.

3. Sony57

Sony57 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2014
    The third pic looks like a diff chick than the first two pics. I would say the top picture (pic 1) two, four, five and six are boys....possible female in pic 3 but if it is same chick in the other pics mentioned then I am pretty sure it is a boy. Barred rock is my favorite breed, but by the age you are posting I feel it is fairly easy to tell.

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by