Help!!All My Baby Turkeys Died!! Exept 1

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by turkeylover509, May 7, 2016.

1. turkeylover509

turkeylover509 New Egg

May 7, 2016
    Sadly :( all my baby turkeys died exept for 1 of them.2 weeks old.bought 4 of them from the local feed store but now only one is left.i have read over 20-30 different post on what to do and I tried everything from.medicated water.to food..the marbles..the lamp..etc and my turkeys still died :( they are inside.pine bedding.very warm inside wer there at..I would say between 70-85 degrees..inside a big box so plenty of room.just feel sad don't know what to do..will he be fine alone?.or do I need to get at least one more.will they get along.someone help ima first timer

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - I'm sorry about your losses. Whilst I know nothing about turkeys, they are a social animal and so your loner will certainly benefit from some company.

The "Turkey" forum peeps will be able to advise further, i hope so please re-post on that forum and provide as much detail as possible.

Best wishes

CT

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. hillbillyreefer

hillbillyreefer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2015
    Too cold in the brooder. Turkeys should have access to at least 95F under the heat in the brooder and that temp can be reduced by about 5F every week. I prefer a large brooder 3-4 sq.ft./chick. Provide a very warm spot right under the lamp with lots of room for the chicks to escape the heat, that way they can regulate the their comfort.

Welcome to BYC.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Make sure they know where food and water is and watch to see that they really eat and drink. I have heard of people putting a chicken CHICK or two in with them, as "turkey tutors," to teach them about food and water and the ropes of being a bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by