Help!!! Ameracaunas Roo or Pullets???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tillymay78, Aug 19, 2014.

1. tillymay78

tillymay78 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2014
    Hello all, I need your help!! I ordered 5 silver laced wyndonettes and 5 ameracauna pullets So far the wyndonettes seem true to their sex... However I am doubting some of my Ameracaunas (well they were sold as such but I'm suspicious they are Easter Eggers). So anyone wanna take a shot at it??
    1. This is Gertrude. "She" is my favorite because although she's not the prettiest, she is a riot! Super friendly and inquisitive.. This is what has made me suspicious she is also the smallest :/[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2. This is Georgia, my second smallest and second most friendly (also my kids favorite ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6528010/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. This is Sally, she is very curious but shy.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4. This is Sharkeesha, my kids insisted on this name because she would pick and jump on the other chicks when she was little and it reminded them if a YouTube stream they saw. She is one of my shyest girls and likes to hang out with the wyndonettes making it hard to get pictures. SMH..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5. Last but not least Beatrice. She is my biggest girl, also shy.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ontent/type/61/id/6528007/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    [IMG

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    WELCOME TO BYC!!

Ok to start off it looks like your ameracaunas are actually EEs. (Very common mistake.) How old are your birds? I'd guess that #5 is the cockerel. The rest look like pullets.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. tillymay78

Aug 19, 2014
    Thank you for responding!! my pictures got kinda messed up in the upload... #2 Georgia is the orangie cream one, and they are 6 weeks old. So Beatrice is the brown one, you are thinking Roo for "her"?

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Oh sorry. Yes, #5 looks like to cock. But there is still a high chance of him being a she.

1 person likes this.
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

The only one pinging my roo-dar is Sally. Can we get a profile body shot of that bird?

6. tillymay78

Aug 19, 2014
    Ok, let me see here... Here's better of Sally's body.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    If any of them were to be a cockerel, I think it would be Beatrice. However, none of them are an obvious cockerel right now. EEs can be a little tricky, though.

8. tillymay78

Aug 19, 2014
    If any of them were to be a cockerel, I think it would be Beatrice. However, none of them are an obvious cockerel right now. EEs can be a little tricky, though.
    [/quote
    I know!!! These EEs are driving me crazy!! Either way I am keeping her/him. I have a 5 mo. Old rooster but he is not for breeding. He showed up in my yard and I've been having a hard time getting rid of him (much to the dimay of my neighbors). He's a modern day game cockrel.. Totally useless for stew, but he's a beautiful specimen and a sweetie!!
    [​IMG]

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Looks pullet-ish to me. Maybe post again in 3-4 weeks for a re-check.

10. tillymay78

Aug 19, 2014
    Ok, will do. Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by