help and advice for treatment of Emily see photo.

peterjmatcham

Hatching
Nov 30, 2020
DSCF7409.JPG
DSCF7409.JPG

:welcome Sorry for the circumstances. I'm not certain what is going on with her. I've never seen something quite like that. To me it almost looks like a tumor. Is there any possibility of getting a veterinarian's input ?

:welcome Sorry for the circumstances. I'm not certain what is going on with her. I've never seen something quite like that. To me it almost looks like a tumor. Is there any possibility of getting a veterinarian's input ?
Hi again Many thanks for your response to my query regarding Emily. I am in the UK and at present have an Avial Flu alert in my area. No vet visits are allowed . So I am a bit caught there!

That looks mighty uncomfortable! Poor girl. A bit of background may help, but I agree with sour, based on those pics looks like a tumour... is it only on the one side? Or does it affect both wattles? How old is she? How is she doing otherwise? Eating, drinking, laying eggs... any other birds in the flock? Any showing similar lesions? A vet visit would certainly be the best bet for answers but if that’s not a possibility, have you tried contacting a vet in your area to see if they’d be willing to assess pictures? I’m not sure how it works legally for you in the UK, but here in Ontario the vets have a bit of leeway in what’s considered “telemedicine”.

That looks mighty uncomfortable! Poor girl. A bit of background may help, but I agree with sour, based on those pics looks like a tumour... is it only on the one side? Or does it affect both wattles? How old is she? How is she doing otherwise? Eating, drinking, laying eggs... any other birds in the flock? Any showing similar lesions? A vet visit would certainly be the best bet for answers but if that’s not a possibility, have you tried contacting a vet in your area to see if they’d be willing to assess pictures? I’m not sure how it works legally for you in the UK, but here in Ontario the vets have a bit of leeway in what’s considered “telemedicine”.
Hi and hello. Emily is eating and generally looks fine until viewed on the left side. It is only on the one side and she has had it for about 3 weeks now. I did start treating her with Harkers 3 in 1 which is a combination of Canker treatment, but anticipated a far quicker response to the addition of the Harkers in her drinking water . Not sure how old she is, she was a gift from one of my girlfriends lady chums, None of the other birds (13 in total)are showing any sign. Emily is not laying and is segregated at the moment with both feed and water . The Vets are a bit reluctant to give advice if not on there register and they are currently not taking any new clients onboard. Difficult to say the least.

Is it also infiltrating her mouth? I think following sour’s advice and completing your treatment, making sure she’s eating and drinking ok, and monitoring are about all you can do at this point...
personally I don’t think she’s having any issue with circulation, her comb and ear lobes and what I can see of the bottom of the wattle appear normal.
I guess potentially it could also be an injury that’s become necrotic. Is there any smell? Is it hard or soft, is it painful when touched? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom