help animal control wants to remove my chickens because of noise.

maryhsc

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 9, 2014
My 7 girls are 1 year old and my whole family LOVES them. We live in a neighborhood but out of town limits. My next door neighbor has called animal control. yesterday while I was not home he walked into the backyard and they began to sing thinking he was going to feed them. They are fenced in and have a better home than some people. Always have access to shelter water and food. It's been rainy here and there is a small smell but anyone with a dog in the yard has a smell right now, in this neighborhood. They have cleaned out all grass in their fenced area which is a large area. Could they just need grass? Can I get them to quiet down? Please help me.

Reporting the neighbor may not help...but they neighbor trespassed...simple as that. I would report it all day long regardless of the situation. Nobody has any business going on another person's property unless they are invited onto said property. Cutting across a yard to get to another street is an annoyance...but going into someones backyard...especially when they aren't home is an issue....just my opinion. I feel strongly about that opinion.

they only really make noise when they see person because they think that means food they're kind of spoiled and yes they do make a lot of ruckus when laying eggs

Wxguru - of course the neighbor shouldn't trespass - but sometimes talking to the person is a better avenue than calling the cops immediately. There's really no going back from escalating to the police.

Unless maryhsc has had conversation with the neighbor before, it sounds like they have escalated it already by calling animal control. At the same time, conversations work wonders... As do free eggs.

@maryhsc , what are the zoning laws? Like so many have asked, are you allowed to even have chickens in your area? I'd be interested to know.

MrsB

Last edited:
I presume they are making noise at other times besides when this guy walked into your yard. Do they raise a ruckus every time you feed them? Or after laying? How often? How loud? What times of day?

Are you legally allowed to have them? What do the zoning laws call for? If you don't know, where are you - we can look it up.

If you're not allowed to have them, reporting your neighbor isn't going to help anything.

Back
Top Bottom