HELP!!! Any thoughts on using ACV along with Nutri-Drench?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by nharbison0722, Jul 2, 2016.

1. nharbison0722

nharbison0722 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2016
    Hi everyone! Hope all is well in BYC world! Was wondering everyone's thoughts on mixing poultry Nutri-Drench with ACV for baby chicks while they're in the brooder? I don't want to do something that will harm them. I often find myself over thinking and over analyzing things- by I just want the best for them!
    Please let me know what you think!
    Thanks and take care!:he

2. MorganC

MorganC Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2014
    Idaho
    Good Question!
    My only concern is that the ACV will cancel out the effects of the drench. A safe way to go about it would be to use one for a set amount of days and then use the other, or alternate weeks. ACV shouldn't be something you use for an extended period of time, UNLESS you live in an area and use poultry water that is chlorinated, then you should use it all the time to counteract the effects of the chlorine.
    Any sort of drench should only be used for a week at the most, as it is only designed to get chicks started or to boost immune deficient or stressed birds.
    Hope that helps!

3. nharbison0722

nharbison0722 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2016

Wow! Thank you so much for your help! That is really great advice and makes a lot of sense!
    Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!
    Take care!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by