Dfarago

Songster
Feb 23, 2019
High Desert, California
My Muscovy has a clutch that she has been incubating so well like a good mamma. She only leaves once a day for food, water and to stretch a little. The eggs were supposed to hatch on the 20th, 35 days after the started sitting (which is what all the sites say is the hatch day for Muscovy) It’s two days past when they were supposed to hatch, no piping, nothing. Should I take the eggs from her and candle them? Am I just over stressing because it’s my first clutch? Any advice please. I’m really worried something went wrong.

My Muscovy has a clutch that she has been incubating so well like a good mamma. She only leaves once a day for food, water and to stretch a little. The eggs were supposed to hatch on the 20th, 35 days after the started sitting (which is what all the sites say is the hatch day for Muscovy) It’s two days past when they were supposed to hatch, no piping, nothing. Should I take the eggs from her and candle them? Am I just over stressing because it’s my first clutch? Any advice please. I’m really worried something went wrong.
Candle a couple. Two of my 'Scovies are awful setters (they appear to be setting tight. They're lying.), so after their first two attempted hatches, I leg-banded them so I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom