HELP :( are my eggs okay?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by oinkpiggieoink, Dec 17, 2013.

1. oinkpiggieoink

oinkpiggieoink Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2013
    Hello, It is day 14(I think, my chicken chart got messed up)and I candled today and I am concerned about the results so I took some pictures to ask for some help [​IMG]

The 2 black dots on this one are shell on the outside of the egg(from another egg)I could not get it off, so I am not worried about that. It is just not as dark in there as I was told it was suposed to be [​IMG]this second one concerns me because you cannnot tell in the picture but the light mostly comes in from the smaller side of the egg and the air sac looks tiny :( also he went from being veiney to kinda floating at the top of the egg....I was not given very many eggs to start with now I have these 2 So I dont want to lose them are they okay?

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    if light shines in pointy end by day 18 not much hope.

3. oinkpiggieoink

Dec 11, 2013
  4. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    although looking at my chat today of my hatches- on day 18[​IMG]
    2 of my clear pointies hatched the damp ones- I am waiting on my others. day 20/21

5. oinkpiggieoink

Dec 11, 2013
    to cute ^.^

6. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I had a hatching book that said that- but I decided to keep letting them hatch. but marked it on my chart. after you said that I looked back at the ones that had clear ends (not super clear though.)

7. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    at the very least if it is day 18 and there is clear give it an extra day. especially before lockdown.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  8. oinkpiggieoink

Dec 11, 2013
    Thank you so much! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by