HELP!!! Are these blood rings???

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I am pretty sure the first one is, but I am using a different light to candle, so I am hoping I'm wrong...
fl.gif

15806_pict0007.jpg

15806_pict0006.jpg

They are on day 7, but in the first egg, I can see the peep floating around on the other side of the egg. I have had only one egg with a blood ring so far, and that was about a month ago, not really sure that this is but I think so.

It kind of looks like it...but then I am quite obtuse when it comes to candling(
sad.png
) so you might want to keep it a little while yet and candle later.

Last edited:
I have some right now that are on day 11 and I STILL can't see the baby...however, when it is sitting still I can watch the veins move around. I would definitely keep them until you KNOW they are bad. I have one I was sure was dead on day 7 or so (thought I saw a blood ring) and actually saw the baby jumping all over the place tonight. Those little monsters can hide in there.
smile.png

Not only that, but my silkie was broody so I gave her 3 EE eggs and one of her silkie eggs. I moved her and the eggs, and it broke her broody.
sad.png
So I brought the EE eggs in, and left the silkie egg out overnight. I brought it in today, candled no movement. I put it in the bator, now 12 hours later, and there's movement!! You never know.

Pictures don't show up for me? But as a rule, I don't toss till day 14 unless I really know, or the nose says it's time to go. Often a blood ring will be a clear red line across the egg equator, at various latitudes depending on the timing of death.

I see them now.

I'd say wait. It's hard to tell from pictures. At day 7 though, your light seems bright enough that you'd be able to see an eye floating aroud in the egg. Just mark the suspect eggs and when you candle on day 14, you can look a bit closer to remember to see if they have changed or not.

I wish I had my pic of a blood ring uploaded, but it was a very distinct red ring. Almost like you took a red shapie and drew it on the egg.

Here's an egg from day 12. So when you check at day 14, it should look some what like the following pic:

230_another_whiting_small_600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom