Help are we boys or girls??

mems_mk

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
hiya my mum gave my 2 yo daughter these 2 muscovys we have had them for about a month so they are around 6-8 weeks old. Im thinking maybe 2 drakelets but I dont know.

113453_img_2265-1.jpg

I'd vote drake for the back one. However, I've only had one scovy

i would say 2 drakes.....the white one has thick stubby legs (females get thinner more feminine looking legs) and as both the black and white are of nearly thesame size...id bet both drakes (a hen would be smaller)

Quote:
Thats not always true in Muscovy. I have allot of them and can't tell by voice what they are.

The ducks in the photo are at an awkward teenage stage and its really hard to tell with out seeing them in person. Just like most animals even people they go though a stage where their legs grow first. I have posted a photo of a hen with big legs to show this as an example.
The below is a hen and from the front her legs look like a hen, but in this photo they look like a Drake. As she grows, she will grow into her legs. I have vent sexed her so I know its a hen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another one of my teenage girls with big legs

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats not always true in Muscovy. I have allot of them and can't tell by voice what they are.

The ducks in the photo are at an awkward teenage stage and its really hard to tell with out seeing them in person. Just like most animals even people they go though a stage where their legs grow first. I have posted a photo of a hen with big legs to show this as an example.
The below is a hen and from the front her legs look like a hen, but in this photo they look like a Drake. As she grows, she will grow into her legs. I have vent sexed her so I know its a hen.

[URL]http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3825/mystic850.jpg[/URL]

I was thinking the same thing. I have a girl 3 1/2 months old, and she is very quiet.

Other breeds yes, but not scovies. They also don't have the tail curl either.

Ya, I can pick up my baby Cayuga and buffs and just hold them and they are very vocal and you know right away from "quacking" them, but Muscovy, you either learn to vent sex or wait.

Back
Top Bottom