HELP ASAP!!! PLEASE!! SHRINK WRAPPED AND NOT READY TO HATCH!

EilighsFarm

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 20, 2014
Hi! Im freaked out! This morning there was a pip of the outer shell of this egg. I could here it peeping like crazy. Its been a couple hours. I decided the open it up a bit to find that it was totally shrink wrapped with everything stuck too it! I don't think its ready to hatch yet. There was a bit of blood. It is still peeping and breathing. Should i leave it over night and assist it tomorrow when i know its ready to hatch or should i get it out and assist now? Should I just not assist at all? I feel like if I just don't help it at all it will die. Im leaving it in the incubator for now. PLEASE PLEASE I NEED HELP!

ps. sorry for bad spelling grammar, etc. I was in a hurry to post this!

I took pictures but I can't figure out how to post them!

Also, do you think its able to breathe in the incubator with all that condinsation? I have the farm innovators incubator (its like the little giant incubator) do you think there is enough ventilation?

24 hours later clean in off carefully!! With water and blow dry it....back to the incubator for 24 more hours and start feeding!!

24 hours later clean in off carefully!! With water and blow dry it....back to the incubator for 24 more hours and start feeding!!

Sorry if I wasn't saying much detail but its still in the egg. It hasn't hatched yet. There is a big hole though. Thats how I could tell it was shrink wrapped. Its still in the egg. Its breathing inside the incubator so thats why i asked if it could breathe well or not. Sorry for not saying that it was still in the egg.

Outer pip doesn't mean it is ready to hatch. It can take up to 24 hrs after an outer pip for it to finish hatching. It is peeping like crazy? that is because it is breathing for the first time. it is okay. if there is blood it means the yolk is not fully absorbed. which happens in the first 24 hrs after a pip the oxygn helps, and remember, a chick can be shipped across country with out food or water within the first 24 hrs. meaning as long as it has a pip it is fine.. good luck. if you have a bloody belly button, try putting flour on it to stop the flow.

Last edited:
Outer pip doesn't mean it is ready to hatch. It can take up to 24 hrs after an outer pip for it to finish hatching. It is peeping like crazy? that is because it is breathing for the first time. it is okay. if there is blood it means the yolk is not fully absorbed. which happens in the first 24 hrs after a pip the oxygn helps, and remember, a chick can be shipped across country with out food or water within the first 24 hrs. meaning as long as it has a pip it is fine.. good luck. if you have a bloody belly button, try putting flour on it to stop the flow.

Thankyou! Tbh im kind of happy i opened it other wise i wouldn't have known it was shrink wrapped and their would have been a big chance that it would die because of it being shrink wrapped and me not knowing. If that one was shrink wrapped should i wait 24 hours and see if the other ones are shrink wrapped and if i can save them? This one and another one are the only 2 out of about 12 eggs that haven't hatched.

People can say shrink wrapped but that can mean anything, I know sometimes chicks are quitters but they are surrounded by wrapper, but that may not mean shrink wrapped it could be too much water in in incubator, depending on how much liquid in incubator. People tend to concentrate on the eggs that did not hatch. and let me tell you the ones that did are healthy and the ones you want. sounds like you had a good hatch to me.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom