1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help asap

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nikki1496, Dec 27, 2014.

1. nikki1496

nikki1496 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    Eggs under broody all hatched other then two. its been almpst 24hours and no chirpimg or amything. all the rest are hatched. pne also has a large aircell shaped weird. when to intervene and help? I dont want them dieinh

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I usually wait until my broodies need to take the chicks out to start looking for food and water to give up on eggs. That is usually 2 days after most hatch, and since the chicks need food and water, I remove those unhatched eggs. If I have another broody, I may place the unhatched eggs under her, but by day 25 the eggs get opened to see if they grew or not. It's pretty common for 1 or 2 not to hatch.

3. nikki1496

nikki1496 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    northern california
    I opened them and both were dead. ones foot was severely deformed. and the serama was tiny. i lost 4 all together two died early in incubation. leaves me with 5 serama chicks

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Sorry that you lost 4 of them, but 5 sounds like a pretty good hatch. I don't know much about seramas, but I would think they would be difficult to hatch. Good luck with the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by