1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!!! Baby bunny!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Jan 4, 2011.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Today has been the first day it hasn't rained in a while so I was able to go check on my litter of baby buns and I noticed that one of my baby rabbits is sick and has a really runny nose what do I do!?!?!?!?! Help!!! PLEASE!!!

2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    don't know, never had a rabbit. there is a section to discuss other farm animals, may be a good place to look. Can you bring him into a warmer place for a few days until he gets better?

3. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    He's not weaned yet.

4. ms.cluckling

ms.cluckling Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I would suggest wrapping it in a towel/ blanket in the house, and keeping it as warm as possible. You could also call the vet and explain the problem. They might be able to advise you over the phone. I've never had baby bunnies before, but I had one that I got a few months old, and lived for six years... she died in October.
    Also, where do you live? in a cold area? maybe keeping them outside isnt the best idea..

5. empireranch

empireranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Cari - look up info on the San Diego House Rabbit Society's website - I have had rabbits and a runny nose should be addressed quickly.....antibiotics may be the only solution. Looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd.

Kate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by