HELP.. baby chick cant walk

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
Dont buy liquid 12 or dont buy liquid at all?
I just meant not the liquid 12 instead of any other option that might be available to you as the riboflavin etc is important in instances like this.

You do what you feel is best as its your chick. I'm only stating what I'd do. Hobble AND vitamin treatment.
Yep! It's great that we can come together and share our varied experiences. :highfive:

Deciding which is the best option can still be challenging and folks should definitely do what they think is best for their individual and specific situation.. honestly, sometimes I try different things.. and each time my brain has to decide with all of the information at THAT time. I try to toe a hard line.. but lets be real, life is complicated. :oops:

OOOOOOMMMMGGGGG hes getting up ... i cant believe it .. omg omg omg i seriously could cry ... πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€ž
Drop tiny crumbles all around him.. get his attention and keep trying! :clap

LaFleche

Free Ranging
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
Looks like a chick with glued rectum which causes the legs to be stretched out directly in front.
There is a special kind of massage treatment to help it get the meconium out and afterwards they are normal.

Melmba

Chirping
Aug 7, 2020
Looks like a chick with glued rectum which causes the legs to be stretched out directly in front.
There is a special kind of massage treatment to help it get the meconium out and afterwards they are normal.
Ohhh really 😩😩 ... ill try anything at this point

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
Yes on my neck 🀬
Couple other poops but hes starting to more now ive fed the yolk hes barely eaten anything before that
Poop is good. chicks can poop inside their egg still and don't need to eat anything to start digesting and passing some waste from the yolk they absorb directly before hatch. They also pass their liquid in droppings.

They don't have to eat right away usually. They have enough yolk to sustain them up to 3 days under a hen in a nest.

But a chick that wasn't trying to to stand up or move around and the way it was sitting was indicating need for assistance.. Did other friends hatch with it?

Wetting feed into moist mash is also sometimes helpful... it needs moisture to digest/absorb.. ultimately.. so wetting feed is a bonus.. play with consistency some like it thin others just barely moist.. I still pinch it up, and drop in front of them saying in a high pitched excited voice "look babe, look"!

Melmba

Chirping
Aug 7, 2020
The chick is very blocked up inside, i didnt realise til lafleche mentioned, hes looking very uncomfortable after all the stuff ive given him, hes doing teeny tiny farts and is only happy when i hold him a certain way, i tried belly masage but no poop just tiny gas .. any suggestions

Melmba

Chirping
Aug 7, 2020
Well thankyou so much for all your advice, i literally did every single one except for selenium because i didnt have and he is walking around, he wont even sit down anymore πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I pain stakingly fed him yolk with olive oil vit b and vit E thru pippete inc sugar water .. which he loved ... i have been stretching his legs and last night he started standing and so i hobbled his legs just incase, jist taken them off and hes looking fab, a little drunk looking but i think his balance will improve over next few days ... THANKYOU ALL

Top Bottom