HELP.. baby chick cant walk

Well thankyou so much for all your advice, i literally did every single one except for selenium because i didnt have and he is walking around, he wont even sit down anymore 😆😆
I pain stakingly fed him yolk with olive oil vit b and vit E thru pippete inc sugar water .. which he loved ... i have been stretching his legs and last night he started standing and so i hobbled his legs just incase, jist taken them off and hes looking fab, a little drunk looking but i think his balance will improve over next few days ... THANKYOU ALL
This is encouraging! I'm hoping he's going to continue to improve.
I would continue with the B and E with a little egg for about a week.
Keep us posted...and of course, we want to see him too! Love chick photos:)

Vid 1... 2 days ago
Vid 2 ...now
This is encouraging! I'm hoping he's going to continue to improve.
I would continue with the B and E with a little egg for about a week.
Keep us posted...and of course, we want to see him too! Love chick photos:)
Im just trying to post before Nd after video because the change is remarkable but its not working .ill keep trying i think a lot of ppl can learn from this and save chicks from being culled.

He seems to prefer the yolk , he hates mashed up crumbs ... i even tried yolk and mash together didnt like that... he has a bowl of dry crumb in his box , should i just focus on feeding yolk still till he gets his own crumb maybe?

Attachments

• XiaoYing_Video_1605197948355.gif
    XiaoYing_Video_1605197948355.gif
    8.3 MB · Views: 4
If they're eating the yolk fine you can keep doing that and transition to scramble egg. Just leave the crumble where they can get to it and hopefully they'll eat as they get hungry. I've had great luck with raw yolk/scrambled egg nursing mailed chicks back to health. Good luck to you!

He seems to prefer the yolk , he hates mashed up crumbs ... i even tried yolk and mash together didnt like that... he has a bowl of dry crumb in his box , should i just focus on feeding yolk still till he gets his own crumb maybe?
I'm not seeing the second video :(

I would still try to push wet chick starter. Soak a little feed in warm water for about 30 minutes and give it to him.
While egg yolk is great, he needs to really begin eating his food as soon as possible too.

I'm not seeing the second video :(

I would still try to push wet chick starter. Soak a little feed in warm water for about 30 minutes and give it to him.
While egg yolk is great, he needs to really begin eating his food as soon as possible too.
I know it didnt work im still trying to do it 🙈🙈 ive tried soggy crumb all kinda ways he hates it .. i will still keep trying

I cant upload video so here is a picture .. hes back in the brooder with everyone else since last night, hes still sleeping standing up tho but im hoping hell start copying everyone else eventually, water and food intake i think is minimal will have to keep eye on that .

Attachments

• 20201113_073130.jpg
    20201113_073130.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 5
I cant upload video so here is a picture .. hes back in the brooder with everyone else since last night, hes still sleeping standing up tho but im hoping hell start copying everyone else eventually, water and food intake i think is minimal will have to keep eye on that .
Glad he's moving about a little.

I see your thermometer - is it really 105F in the brooder?
I would drop the heat down to 90-95F for a couple of days and then on down to around 90 or a little less.
They also need a cool side, the whole brooder doesn't have to be that warm. Chicks have a hard time regulating body heat so they move from a cool to warm side.

Think of it this way - if they have a Mom, they run under her to warm up for a little while, but then they go all over the place to explore/eat/drink.

Glad he's moving about a little.

I see your thermometer - is it really 105F in the brooder?
I would drop the heat down to 90-95F for a couple of days and then on down to around 90 or a little less.
They also need a cool side, the whole brooder doesn't have to be that warm. Chicks have a hard time regulating body heat so they move from a cool to warm side.

Think of it this way - if they have a Mom, they run under her to warm up for a little while, but then they go all over the place to explore/eat/drink.
😆😆😆 no that is the time.. we use celcius here in UK it actually says 26°c but its warmer than that there, i dont even know why i kerp it in there ?

Back
Top Bottom