HELP! Baby chick might be stuck in egg?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gameboygal12, Aug 29, 2013.

1. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    I recently found a nest of chicks under my chicken house that I had no idea was there! SO I moved the mother and eggs to a different pen. The hen abandoned the rest of the eggs that didn't hatch and they were cold. So before I threw them out, I candles them and opened them up in the air sack. Two were dead, but the last one was still alive. So I plugged in the incubator real quick while the egg was wrapped in a heating pad and a damp paper towel. So far, He's been moving a little bit and peeping some. It's been two days and he's only moved a little. I chipped off some more of his shell and see that there is a film of some sort surro[​IMG]

unding his back. (it looks like it has bleed vessels in it too). His beak is free so he can breath. My question is, does he need to absorb that film, or is it shrink wrap? Here's a picture.

2. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

3. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Thank you! I let him sit over night, and the next morning, my sister got him out when I was at work. He's up and peeping and seems to be fine! [​IMG]

4. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations!!! What a little trooper!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by