Help!! Baby with umbilical wrapped around unabsorbed yolk??

He does get spurts of energy where he moves around all over the incubator but then will get tired and start shaking.

Has his yolk fully absorbed? You have to be so careful when they have yolk outside of their body it doesn't get snagged on something. Do you have poultry nutri drench you can take s dropper and drop it along the side of the bill full strength it's great for newly hatched.

Has his yolk fully absorbed? You have to be so careful when they have yolk outside of their body it doesn't get snagged on something. Do you have poultry nutri drench you can take s dropper and drop it along the side of the bill full strength it's great for newly hatched.
Not yet. Been keeping an eye on him to make sure he's not getting stuck on anything. I took him out a few hours ago and he drank some sugar water off a spoon for me and he seemed to get another burst of energy. I don't have anything like that. Would that help him out more than the sugar water?

Here's an update. He ended up passing this morning before I had to leave for work.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped but in the end we think that he just wasn't quite ready to hatch. The other 3 have been moved to a kennel that is set up for them.

The only other problem that we have been having is the biggest baby keep flipping himself over onto his back and sometimes he can't correct himself. Any ideas why and how to fix it? Or will he just grow out of it?

Pick up some Liquid B Complex TSC cattle dept. half ml first week daily then 1 ml. Very sorry you lost your lil one :hugs Info on B complex.https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Their legs are straight and they seem fine other than the one. He's been flipping on his back less and less (or he's just been able to correct himslef) they have their duckling food, plenty of water and been feeding them eggs and lettuce (finely chopped on both) and they are eating really well.

Back
Top Bottom