Help! Bald and bloody rear end on two chickens!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by clairesbackyard, Dec 18, 2016.

1. clairesbackyard

clairesbackyard New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    Please take a look and if you have any ideas share! Any input is helpful as i am new to keeping chickens. I thought this was impacted eggs or feces not passing but they have both laid normally and eat and drink like normal only symtom is the rear end pictures ill add below. Maybe its from the cold weather somehow? It has been frigid and snowy and icey lately but they have a warm coop to sleep in and dont even have to walk in the snow or ice. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    I wouldn't be surprised if your white leghorn was pecking at there butts.Causing it to bleed.How much space do you have for them?

Welcome to BYC!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  3. clairesbackyard

clairesbackyard New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    Thank you for the fast response. I can see what your saying and would agree but these two are at the top of the pecking order they are two that are sure to hold there own. I have ones who get picked on and they look great no blood or balding.

4. clairesbackyard

clairesbackyard New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    Thank you for the fast response. I can see what your saying and would agree but these two are at the top of the pecking order they are two that are sure to hold there own. I have ones who get picked on and they look great no blood or balding.

5. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    No roosters?

6. clairesbackyard

clairesbackyard New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    No roosters. I have 9 hens with a coop big enough for 15 and a run thats around 10 by 12 maybe a little bigger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by