help beak through but......UPDATE 5:30

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tuesdays chicks, Oct 25, 2010.

1. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    he cant seem to get his beak back in the shell to zip he seems stuck was the 1st 1 to get his beak through 5 hatched in 1/2 an hour hes had his beak out since 7 am at least its now 11:30, what do I do?

5:30 PM) 11 healthy baby quail, 10 I believe are the jumbo browns 1 yellow chick, 2 yellows didn't make it all 3 yellows had trouble hatching the 1st 1 this post is about seemed too big to get out of egg it was the largest chick and had curled toes took a long time straightening its neck died at 5 pm the 2nd zipped but didn't come out of the egg the 3rd I pulled out of the egg asa it zipped and is doing well, and I have 6 eggs in the bator still to do anything leaving them for a few days to see if they can be a different kind ie manchurian.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    If you feel that you need to assist a little... do so. I'm impatient... I tend to help, probably a little too much... but so far so good.

Good luck.

D

3. Munkeesmama

Munkeesmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    California
    My guess is he's just resting before he begins zipping. He's probably sitting with his beak out so he can breathe.

4. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    he was upside down in his egg, still very weak I just removed top 1/2 of shell and put him back in bator, others are doing good.

5. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    all doing well now still 6 to hatch or not, only day 17.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by