Help before I buy. Male or female welsh harlequin?

EllieandOlive

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
West Central Kentucky
Is the juvenile duck on the left a female welsh harlequin? Gentleman is selling as a male-female pair, but I'm unsure about the duck on the left being female because of her neck marking. Right side duck is obviously male to me (based off how my drake developed)

ETA: never been more pleased to be wrong!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-154258.png
    Screenshot_20210712-154258.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Wow I am sooooo pleased! I was buying the 'pair' because I needed the female and planning to resell the male. So to have 2 females, wahoooo!

Here is my gorgeous drake who they will be joining.
You're in Texas right? Do you separate for specific breeds or will they join a mixed flock? I'm in east Texas and I desperately want some pure welshies!

I have my welshes seperated! I have blue swedish, french muscovy and welshes! I meed a silver appleyard male for my appleyard females though.

I am in Beaumont, TX!
Awesome! Whenever you have fertile eggs I would love to know. Also is this him in his girly or juvenile plumage?
Screenshots_2021-07-12-18-09-27.png
I'm asking for size comparison, that's a muscovy and a darker colored silver appleyard next to him right? I'm totally not sifting through your photos looking for welshies. I'm not obsessed with them at all!

Yes, thats
Awesome! Whenever you have fertile eggs I would love to know. Also is this him in his girly or juvenile plumage?View attachment 2757368I'm asking for size comparison, that's a muscovy and a darker colored silver appleyard next to him right? I'm totally not sifting through your photos looking for welshies. I'm not obsessed with them at all!
Yes, that is the same drake! And here is him with the darker appleyard hen!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-130611.png
    Screenshot_20210623-130611.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 34
Yes, thats

Yes, that is the same drake! And here is him with the darker appleyard hen!
Both of them are gorgeous! We found a good SA breeder not too far from us. I'm trying to raise both SA and WH, they're my favorite breeds out of all the many kinds of ducks I researched. But of course they ended up being the hardest ones to find😂.

Both of them are gorgeous! We found a good SA breeder not too far from us. I'm trying to raise both SA and WH, they're my favorite breeds out of all the many kinds of ducks I researched. But of course they ended up being the hardest ones to find😂.
Yes! They're few and far in between! Haven't found a silver appleyard breeder close yet, blah!

Back
Top Bottom