HELP Blood averywhere????

ke06076

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 23, 2014
So its my first year having chickens and i am having alot of problumes. I have two rooster one big black austrolope and a smaller white leghorn. The black you is on top of the pecking order i think and the white is closer to the bottom he getts picked on alot but never anything bad. So i went into the chicken coop today and there is blood every where on the walls on the floor on the heat lamp ect. So i though the black rooster was picking on the white but i looked and there is a thumb size gash on my black roosters back bottom of his neck. What might it be from and what should i do?

So its my first year having chickens and i am having alot of problumes. I have two rooster one big black austrolope and a smaller white leghorn. The black you is on top of the pecking order i think and the white is closer to the bottom he getts picked on alot but never anything bad. So i went into the chicken coop today and there is blood every where on the walls on the floor on the heat lamp ect. So i though the black rooster was picking on the white but i looked and there is a thumb size gash on my black roosters back bottom of his neck. What might it be from and what should i do?

It's normally recommended 1 rooster per 10 hens. Putting two roosters together is bad news and will try killing each other. Separate them into their own pens with their own hens. OR get rid of one rooster.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom