Help, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte ROOSTERS????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by iokra, Feb 22, 2013.

1. iokra

iokra Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    I have six Wyandotte roosters, I think?! If they are all roosters I need to find them a good home. They are almost 2 months old now. I tried to take pictures but they are moving a lot, so the pictures are not great. Any insight on the gender? I'm pretty sure they are all cockerels, they all look the exact same, some darker then others but the crest and wattles are all the same color and same length (they have rose combs, very red).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lorettachick

Lorettachick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2012
    Southern Middle TN
    I would give them another month.....spurs will start to develop if they are roos.

3. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    I judge BLRW by their waddles, and yours certainly have very prominent ones! I looked at your posts to see where you got them and it looks like you only started with 7 eggs. I hope they aren't all roos, how unlucky can you be???

4. iokra

Oct 1, 2012
    Yes, you are right, I actually started with 8 eggs. One did not make it. I have one girl for sure, I can see the difference so I am pretty certain at this point that I have 6 roosters. My yard is full of roosters and can't keep any of this new ones I hatched. I tend to get very attached to them and don't feel good about giving them away without knowing what their future will be. They are all beautiful and very friendly.

5. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    They are gorgeous! I ordered 6 or 8 last spring and was only sent 1. He turned out to be a rooster and is super sweet. At least you have 1 girls - now you can hatch your own from them!

6. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Those are all roosters-no doubt about it.

7. LovePolish2

LovePolish2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Missouri
    All roosters

8. iokra

Oct 1, 2012
    Thank you, I was pretty sure myself. Anybody needs some of this roosters? They are gorgeous and friendly

9. JohnAndTina12

JohnAndTina12 New Egg

Feb 15, 2013
    Tyler ,Texas
    Hello I'm interested in your Chick's. Where y'all from? I'm in Tyler Texas and are you selling or giving away your chicks?
    Thank you John

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  10. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    They look like roosters to me. Sorry, bad luck. I have encountered the same: what are the chances that all seven polish st. run chicks that I got would be roosters? 100%! [​IMG]Sorry...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by