Help! Bought a pregnant rabbit.

Lcadle219

Hatching
Jul 21, 2019
Georgia
I bought a pregnant rabbit July 20 2019... the person I purchased her from said she was pregnant and due soon. He gave me her estimated bred date to be June 22... I have gave her a nice home but I am now afraid the move may have stressed her out. Will she still have her babies? I plan to leave her alone next couple days only going to feed her and make sure she has water. I'm afraid she won't have her babies I've heard rabbits will delay if their are stressed.

Not real sure but am sure she will. is she making a nest? Normally they start a day or two before birth pulling out the fur under their chins to make a soft bed for the babies. Make her comfy and she should do just fine. Those babies have to come out of there.

I bought a pregnant rabbit July 20 2019... the person I purchased her from said she was pregnant and due soon. He gave me her estimated bred date to be June 22... I have gave her a nice home but I am now afraid the move may have stressed her out. Will she still have her babies? I plan to leave her alone next couple days only going to feed her and make sure she has water. I'm afraid she won't have her babies I've heard rabbits will delay if their are stressed.

Only thing you can really do now is take good care of her and make sure she’s happy, healthy and content.
Rabbits love having little places to hide in so having a few hiding spots in her new home might help relax her a bit after the big move.
I assume you’ve done your research on how to take care of a pregnant rabbit and how to help raise the kits ? I would also advise you to get the doe spayed/neutered after the kits are all grown up as if she is left unspayed, the risk of uterine cancer is approximately 80% above the age of 5 years old, and this is usually fatal.

Somewhat of an update/new question: Still no babies. She has stopped eating the hay we give her and has not built a nest. She also will no longer let us touch her. I went to give her water and greens today and noticed a small amount of blood on her backside. I got in contact with the person we got her from and they started she should be 31 days today. My questions are.. is it normal for a small amount of blood (no clots) before kindling? And why hasn't she made a nest? I have done a lot of reading on the internet and haven't gotten and real solid answers. The vet said to leave her alone for a day or so and see what happens if she hasn't had her babies by day 33 to bring her in. She is for sure pregnant the vet verified for us.

Back
Top Bottom