Help....breed and ROO or HEN??????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sundevil, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sundevil

sundevil Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is my first time raising chickens and I went to a feed store and got the following
    Black one is a Silkie
    Brown one's are Production red's
    White one I was told was a barred rock but dosent look anything like pictures I have seen online

I knew the Silkie was straight run but the others were sexed. I am now starting to worry that one of the Producton red's is a roo. I purchased them all at the same time and their comb's were the same until the one took off. I am in the city and not allowed to have roosters. Now I am starting to worry that half of my chickens are going to turn out to be roo's!!! Is the Production Red and Silkie a roo or hen and any idea on the breed of the with one. They are around three months old.

Thanks!!!!

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    its not a silkie its a crevecoeur look like a roo and yes the red with a big comb is a roo

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The only cockerel I see right now would be the production red with the bigger comb. The white pullet looks like either a White Leghorn or a White Rock, I full body photo would help confirm one or the other.

4. ggrap

ggrap Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Looks like a Rhode Island Red Roo.

5. sundevil

sundevil Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. Coop Deville

Coop Deville Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    That's a young White Plymouth Rock -- same breed as the Barred Rock but white in color. Maybe about 4 weeks old? Soon its face and comb will become more red.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by