HELP! Brinsea Mini Advance won't turn on!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MyFrancesca, Mar 23, 2013.

1. MyFrancesca

MyFrancesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    When I got home after shopping I checked on the incubator and to my surprise it's completely off. It shutdown in the middle of the night or this morning sometime and now the eggs have been without heat for quite awhile. I tried to contact Brinsea but of course they won't answer right now. WHAT DO I DO?! I don't have another incubator. Oh I am so terribly bummed! This is the lone egg that survived out of 10. :( :( :*(

We have some 2 week old chicks so I put them in there under their light...

2. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    have you tried a different socket? Maybe the socket blew? Hope you can get it going:(

3. MyFrancesca

Oct 11, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Oh yeah I tried 4 different ones. Nothing. My bf tested it with his meter and he said the plug is good, it's the top portion (which is connected to the cover that you close the whole thing with) has no power.

4. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    I am honestly no expert, I hope you don't lose your eggs!

5. MyFrancesca

Oct 11, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Btw, the power supply went bad. After a horrible experience with Brinsea and a lady named Rose in the Florida location, I finally received mine back. I ended up reporting the awful experience to Brinsea and after an apology, I never heard anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by