Help broody hen?

MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
Hi

As most of you know, I have a broddy hen who has 4 eggs, well, today, 2 eggs broke when I guess she was going to take a potty break. Well we purchased some eggs from a lady. She kept them in her house(not in the fridge). Well, she kept her hens with roos. The oldest the eggs are 3 days. Do they have a chance?

How long has your hen been on the eggs already? You might want to replace all the eggs to avoid a staggered hatch...but the eggs the lady gave you should do great

I deleted the other post for you!
big_smile.png

Dawn

P.S. I agree with morelcabin.

For some reason, 2 eggs were out of the nest box, and COLD!!! I guess its because of the fact she goes out to potty. How do i stop eggs from rolling out?

Can you add a short board to the front of the nest box to keep the eggs from getting rolled out?

I know wild birds will remove eggs from their nests if there is something wrong with them, but I have no idea if chickens will do the same thing...

Dawn

Well, they were cracked, and veined, and the little thing kinda twitching, then I got mad at my hen, then I just went online. I can try to add something. The nest bos is 2 ft wide, and 6 ft wall, maybe 1 in board can help?

Back
Top Bottom