Help! Bubbles In my Banties Eye!

morgangirl1

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 7, 2013
In the sticks of KS
Ok so I just noticed today when I got home that my du'clae bantam girl has bubbly eyes. Lately she has been sleeping alot and staying by herself. Every once and a while she will start wheezing. Mom says that if I can't figure something else and take care of her, she will be on her own. I really don't want to loose another bird to illness agian this summer, espcially my only Bantam. Please help! I can post pics later but I have to take care of the rest of the chores...

This happened to my silkie hen last year, after I hadn't had time to clean the coop in awhile due to school/work etc. I cleaned out the coop and mixed Nutridrench in the flock's water and put a couple drops down her throat. In 3 days she was back to normal! I've found that Nutridrench (I got mine at tractor supply and now my local feed store) seems to be an almost "miracle cure" for just about any small ailment in my birds. It's basically just electrolytes and vitamins that kickstarts their immune systems and gives them energy. It's very useful around my coop, that much I've figured out!! I wish you the best of luck!!!
thumbsup.gif

~Kate

Thanks! I will show my mom this and see what we can do. FYI for anyone else who reads this, she is by herself now, as long as I can take care of her. So If she is contagious hopefully she won't get any of the other chicks sick.

Thanks every one! She is doing alot better now. No more bubbles but we are keeping her in with her best freind. She is still sleeping alot but I fuigre it is the best thing for her.

She's doin it agian!! I am putting her and her best freind back in confinement. This time I think she is getting sick because of how her pen is. Muggy and wet and problem moldy. I feel really bad but we just moved the pen agian. I just wish I had my white baby back! She got plucked of by coons. I really miss them a lot. If I had my white girl she and this Bantie would be together inside and show chicks. Anything else I can do for her and keeping the other chick immune to bubbly eye? (Mom diddnt get any of this stuff, and I can't buy anything, I'm broke!!)

Back
Top Bottom