Help! Bumblefoot?

Bawilde

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2020
My chicken started limping and favoring her left foot two days ago. Today she has been less active and there is green coloration between the toes and up the leg. The scales on the top of the foot have scraped off. There is no scab on the bottom of the foot. Is this bumblefoot or could it be something else? Can post a picture tomorrow

My chicken started limping and favoring her left foot two days ago. Today she has been less active and there is green coloration between the toes and up the leg. The scales on the top of the foot have scraped off. There is no scab on the bottom of the foot. Is this bumblefoot or could it be something else? Can post a picture tomorrow
Photos would be helpful.

Green coloration is usually an indication of bruising and scales scraped off, sounds like injury.

Do you have other animals that may have stepped on her foot or could she have hung her foot in something like wire fencing?

Sounds like she's self limiting her activity so depending on what the foot looks like, you may just need to leave it alone. Sometimes a bird needs to be crated and wounds tended to.

Once we get a bit more info, we can offer other suggestions.

1615153633136.png
1615153656985.png

Yeah. I agree with everyone else. Sounds like bruising. I just had to treat a four week old chick for an inflamed foot with scratch wounds on her foot. Not fun when your favorite bird has to be hurt

I too would like to see what the bottom of the foot looks like.
The green looks like bruising, top of foot is scuffed. At this point, if I did anything to the foot, I might dab a little Blu Kote on the scabs. If she's limiting activity, but eating/drinking and not getting picked on, then I would observe her for a few days to see if the limping improves.

Back
Top Bottom