help can not walk any suggestions

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickensrme, Jun 24, 2007.

1. chickensrme

chickensrme Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Maine
    my silkie caqn not walk it seems that the problem is in the last joint on the foot towards the feet. there are both swollen and bruised. so far i have givin her asprin to make sure she is not in pain. i have givin her vitamin drops to help her with what is going on. is there anything else that i can do to help her she is in a cage by her self on a nice hay bed with feed and water surronding her. any help would be greatly apprecisted

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Did she get her feet caught in something? Maybe the door shut on her or she was stepped on? Hopefully they are just bruised....and she will be ok in a few days. Sounds like you are doing the right thing for her. Keep us posted! How old is she???

3. chickensrme

chickensrme Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Maine
    she just started to lay and then she went broody but she go off that and then this happend.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Hmmmm, im not sure what it could be. Is there a vet you can take her to?? Poor little one...I hope she is not in pain.

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    ...this article might help you figure out where the problem might lie...it is a lot to read however there are a lot of things that can cause what you are describing:
    http://www.asasea.com/pd-sect7.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by