HELP!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SEX MY 11 WEEK OLD SILKIE??!??!

Is Artemis a Girl or Boy!?!? ;)

• Total voters

Maracuda

Chirping
Sep 22, 2020
Hiii,
I recently bought this 11 week old straight run silkie chick, and was hoping that some of you guys can help me confirm what gender it is! I picked this chick because I thought it was a pullet but I'm still a bit unsure. It's very docile and submissive and carries its body low and horizontal. It's saddle, tail and hackle feathers are also very soft and consistent with the rest of its leathers (not long or hard). She (hopefully) also has very small wattles and crown. I'm just slightly worried about the wattles and crown because they have a little growth( my other silkie hens didn't have any growth until they laid) but I'm not sure if thats just because of its line. I think its crest is still growing in bur I was also a little worried about crest because it has some longer feathers. In the pic some of the feather are wet but still...not fully positive they're not streamers. Just looking for a second opinion:) !!!

Here "she" is, here name in Artemis: Snapchat-2042165646.jpg Snapchat-756530963.jpg Snapchat-1372083279.jpg

Agree with @MysteryChicken that this bird looks mostly like a pullet. Yes there are some wattles but they are quite small, though you would not expect to see wattles all in a pullet at this age. The coloring on the wings looks like it’s more of the pattern of the bird, might have some partridge going on there. I see similar color on the chest. This one needs more time!
It really is a gorgeous bird!😍

Back
Top Bottom