help! can someone tell me the breed and gender?

Nikki Woods

Hatching
Oct 25, 2016
I believed it was a hen and named her Bella. But then she started displaying characteristics of a rooster. she is crowing! and I have caught her mounting hens. but my barred rock rooster has danced around her and tried to mount her..

You have a gay chicken.

Just kidding!
gig.gif
Could I please see a picture? No way of telling breed or gender with out one. Bella is probably male, but I would like to make sure.

I thought I did lol. I'm having trouble downloading images from my cell. I'll try the comp. You're probably right!

Huh. Odd. I've seen hens fight like roosters. The whole flaring dance and stricking one another. Even heard attempts to crow. Never quite saw mating happen.
Your hen may have a hormone imbalance? Or it could even be a random mutation that causes roosters to exhibit female feathering. Sebright chickens are known for roosters having hen feathering. Though, based on the photos you put up your hen has questionably long rooster-like saddle feathers to me. And almost guaranteed hackle feathers of a rooster which I've never seen on a hen before.
1f627.png

well thank you for the warm welcome as well as your reply. I am new at raising chickens. I am fascinated with them! this one had me so stumped. I did look into Dominiques because I suspected that breed as well.

Back
Top Bottom