Help! Can't locate the bisquick and beer bread recipe!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Beau coop, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    There was a thread talking about bisquick and beer bread. Everyone posted their favorite varieties such as cheese and parsley, chiles and cheese etc. Does anyone know where to find this thread? Making chili tomorrow and this would make a great addition to the meal.

Thanks!

2. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Oh Man!! I am so glad you posted this. Been trying to find it myself.

3. Beau coop

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Quote:FOUND IT!!!

The thread is almost instant bread

This is just almost to easy. My mom got this out of her paper in NW Ark. She tried it and said it was good. I just had to try it and it just came out of the oven. Ohh yum its good. Really good with scrambled eggs crock pot apple butter I made yesterday.

3 c bisquick, {I used pioneer brand}
    2 TBLS sugar
    1 beer or 12 oz of club soda {I used one of DH's beers}

mix all together, not smooth just till moistened. Put in greased loaf pan. Bake at 375 til toothpick in center comes out clean. Check around 30 min. Eat and enjoy

Enjoy mtnhomechick!

4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Thanks. Just what I need ...........A FEW EXTRA CALORIES BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

Writing it down THIS TIME!!!

5. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

I didn't see the thread, but I pulled out my trusty Bisquick cook book, dated 1983, by the way! I hope it's the one you are looking for:

Beer-Cheese Bread

3 3/4 cups of bisquick
    1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/2 teaspoon of coarsely ground pepper, if desired
    1 can (12 oz) beer
    1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 quart casserole or grease and flour a loaf pan. Mix all ingredients; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Pour into container and bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 minutes.

YUM!

6. Beau coop

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    I haven't tried this bread yet but I know the original recipe is from the 70's. Have you?

7. Beau coop

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Thanks Blondie! Tha't slightly different than the original and I like the addition of the egg- go figure! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by