1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help cat missing

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bantams4life, Jan 31, 2014.

1. bantams4life

bantams4life Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    My cat is missing and she has left seven little kittens that are crying so loudly I can hear them from inside where would she have gone or are my suspicions confirmed and she is dead

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

It is odd indeed that she hasn't returned to them, unless she is a first time mother?

If she has successfully reared kittens in the past, I am very sorry to say that I too would be very worried. Is it though possible that someone took her to the animal shelter?

Good luck!

3. bantams4life

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    She has had kittens twice before and successfully reared them all this is very unnatural for her she usually stays around we have had a curious fox hanging around so she may have saved them by being bait for the fox I want to take them to the vets so they can help but they close at 12:00 on weekends which I think is really stupid but anyway

4. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I would get the kittens some milk replacer and start feeding them. Also, if they are outside, I would bring them inside. Sounds like mama may not be coming back. [​IMG]

5. bantams4life

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    Good news the vets took them in and promised to look after them and find new homes for them all ,but their mother is definitely not coming home if she was alive someone would surely have seen her by now and taken her to the shelter

6. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Great news! [​IMG]

7. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    So have you checked the shelter?

8. bantams4life

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    Yeah they haven't got her

9. bantams4life

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    Four of her kittens went to the bending I RSPCA and the other three went to a pet shop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by