Help change chicken ordinance in Farmers Branch, TX!

tl9206

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Hey all, I am trying to find some way to change the ordinance in Farmers Branch to raise a few backyard chickens or at least get people interested in it. There have been a couple of attempts before to change it and there are a few old coots on the city council that just won't support it. I am trying to start a petition on the Change.org website to get the ball rolling and to get people aware and together. If you live in Farmers Branch and have wanted to raise a few chickens, please let me know. I think some serious education is needed in this city to even get people interested.

Good luck !!!

We were in Coppell 10 yrs ago & knew we didn't want to waste time trying to fight city & HOA bans. So we upped and moved south & zero regrets, I traded my gated community to a handful of farm animals & neighbors that have to ride an atv over to visit.

The local government in and around that area are geared towards appeasing those who value appearance vs substance. Yards & their homeowners competing for yard of the month. 3 yrs of that , and I knew it wasn't for me.

While picking up and moving may not be feasible, I wanted to join this thread to see if you get any traction.

Best,

We want to do it to at our private school in Farmers BRanch, how do we get this started?

Greetings! We are moving to Farmers Branch, TX and want to know if backyard chickens and vegetable gardens are allowed. As the two go hand in hand of course!!!

Hello! I was wondering what your petition was called so that I may try and get some people to to sign it. I am honestly very disappointed in Farmers Branch for not allowing chickens. I guess to a certain degree i can understand why they would not want roosters but i think the fact we are not allowed hens is absolutely ridiculous.

I do not have a petition as we cancelled our contract on the house in Farmers Branch and bought in east Irving instead (1/2 acre so we can have chickens and goats). The "rules" in Farmers Branch are absurd I felt as I should be able to have fresh eggs if I choose. Shame for those who live there truly.

Back
Top Bottom