Help-chick 4 days past hatch date

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chick80, May 2, 2011.

1. chick80

chick80 New Egg

May 2, 2011
    My chick is 4 days past its hatch date of 4/28/11.The chick is moving,but no peeping.This is the first time i have used an incubator(no broody hen this year)I have been able to keep temp stable, i have been keeping the water tray full,but i am not able to check the humidity.What should i do? intervention,or let nature take its course?

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Still or forced air?
    Temp at the top of the eggs?
    Any power outages?

3. chick80

chick80 New Egg

May 2, 2011
    Still air
    100.0e
    power outage two weeks ago for about 6hrs,this sounds crazy,but i put them in bed with me to keep them warm.

4. CCourson05

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Quote:Well... I'd give it until tomorrow. If nothing, and still movement, I'd just pip it. Not any further than that though. I despise helping chicks since my previous encounters with the ordeal [​IMG]

5. chick80

chick80 New Egg

May 2, 2011
    Thanks for your help!

6. CCourson05

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    No problem. It's really just my opinion. A lot of people here help, but after I helped one chick, it died. I figured I probably killed it, while it was just taking it's time...

7. chick80

chick80 New Egg

May 2, 2011
    One more question.Do i just make a little spot at the top of the egg(large end),and what do i do if it has not broken the air sac?

8. chick80

chick80 New Egg

May 2, 2011
    One more question.Do i just make a little spot at the top of the egg(large end),and what do i do if it has not broken the air sac?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by