HELP! Chick ate mushroom, now lethargic.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by shandiane78, May 16, 2010.

  1. shandiane78

    shandiane78 Chillin' With My Peeps

    433
    17
    131
    Jul 23, 2009
    Woodinville, WA
    I let my chicks roam around for a little this afternoon. I saw one chowing down on something, and went to see what it was. It was a round white mushroom of some kind. I buried the mushrooms so they couldn't find them anymore, but I could tell he'd eaten quite a bit. Maybe 15 minutes after, he started lying down on his side. It started raining outside, and instead of going under cover, he stood up and started looking like he was going to fall over. I have him in my lap right now, wrapped in a towel. Is there anything I can do for him?! THANKS!

    *edit* Chick is a little over 6 weeks old. Sleeping in my lap right now. PLEASE ADVISE
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. rufus

    rufus Overrun With Chickens

    3,216
    127
    254
    May 17, 2007
    I don't think chickens will eat poison plants. He is probably just happy after having eaten the mushroom.

    Rufus
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by