HELP!! Chick Dying!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Shkittles, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Shkittles

Shkittles Chillin' With My Peeps

i have a chick that is about 1-2 weeks old he was doing fine but i went down there and he was just lying there kinda gasping/looked thirsty so i dipped his beak in water but nothing even when i dipped his beak in sugar water. his butt is as clean as ever. everyonce in a while he'll kind of just have like a spasm where his body streches out and comes back. What do i do, i seperated him from the rest. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    he was fine this afternoon when i checked on them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  2. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    [​IMG]

so sorry. the only time I ever had a chick do that, mine didn't make it. lost a turkey poult the same way, about the same age as yours. [​IMG]

I hope yours fairs better than mine did.

3. Shkittles

Is there anything i could do for him??

4. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    I really couldn't give mine any water, cuz I was afraid he wouldn't swallow it - afraid the water would go into his lungs. I don't know what you could do. sorry. [​IMG]

5. chickenhick

chickenhick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Virginia
    IF she isn't drinking on her own you need to eyedropper some sugar water in...also some poly-vi-sol prob. wouldn't hurt. LEt us know

6. Shkittles

I tried all i could think of but i lost him/her..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It's just weird cuz he/she was always the big one and the leader. [​IMG] He/she was only about 2 weeks old. [​IMG] thanks for all the help.

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

8. Phyll'sFarmFamily

Phyll'sFarmFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Old Church, Virginia
    I'm so sorry!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by