Help chick hatched too early.

Top Rooster

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 16, 2015
North East Oklahoma
I had a chick that decided it wanted to hatch on day 19 I didn’t help it hatch or anything but momma hen didn’t help her to slow down she crushed her egg forcing her out too early. She still has yolk too absorb, will she die?

Attachments

• B2367AB6-2E74-4DCB-AF01-13DE2E0FE97A.jpeg
    B2367AB6-2E74-4DCB-AF01-13DE2E0FE97A.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 48
I had a chick that decided it wanted to hatch on day 19 I didn’t help it hatch or anything but momma hen didn’t help her to slow down she crushed her egg forcing her out too early. She still has yolk too absorb, will she die?
I think I've heard others suggest putting it in a teacup so that it has a chance to finish without others disturbing it.

O no! I hope it will be ok. I dont have experience with that, but I think it has to absorb the yolk before coming out....

Is it breathing OK? I read all about assisted hatching for my first batch as I had one stuck in she'll and they said to put it in a piece of its shell in the bottom of a cup with a paper towel under it to see if the chick absorbs it. Good luck. If the Chick absorbs it and survives putting some neosporin on the area will help from infection.
She is breathing fine but not moving too much just kicks her leg every now and then. I removed what was left of her shell before you said that other wise I would have left it there.

Back
Top Bottom