HELP! Chick Problems

It could be Wry neck, a vitamin E deficiency, which is not uncommon for this age. Try squeezing some vitamin E oil into it's beak. Also give it some finely minced boiled egg with some Nutri-drench dribbled over it. It's okay for all six chicks to eat this and it will encourage the chick to eat it.

What are you feeding the chicks? Are you providing chick grit?

What is your heat source? How warm is the brooder? Under the heat source and farthest away?

It could be Wry neck, a vitamin E deficiency, which is not uncommon for this age. Try squeezing some vitamin E oil into it's beak. Also give it some finely minced boiled egg with some Nutri-drench dribbled over it. It's okay for all six chicks to eat this and it will encourage the chick to eat it.

What is your heat source? How warm is the brooder? Under the heat source and farthest away?

I'm feeding chick starter grower mix (Rural King mix ). No chick grit, and I have a heat lamp. They seam comfy because there not all huddled together.

Is it acting, eating, drinking, moving normally otherwise? Could it be wry neck, I wonder?

I am still learning all of this, but you might search up wry neck and see if those symptoms seem to fit. It's a vitamin deficiency. I am sure other, more experienced folx will chime in soon.[/QUOTE

It's acting just like the other ones but turning it's head. It is smaller than the rest if them.

Is it acting, eating, drinking, moving normally otherwise? Could it be wry neck, I wonder?

I am still learning all of this, but you might search up wry neck and see if those symptoms seem to fit. It's a vitamin deficiency. I am sure other, more experienced folx will chime in soon.
I see more experienced folks DID reply. I must've posted at the same time. I am a notoriously slow texter.

I have people vitamin E pills. Should I squeeze a pill into there water?

Back
Top Bottom