HELP chick stuck to egg

Calicokitty

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2021
Hi sorry if its already been asked - one of my chicks has just hatched at 20 mins ago but they seem stuck to the egg and been dragging it around what should I do??

Attachments

• 20210425_202526.jpg
    20210425_202526.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 4
Did the chick detach itself already? Sometimes hatching gunk (waste, sticky membrane) can make the shell stick; other times, there may be unabsorbed yolk or something requiring extreme care if trying to extricate the chick.

Can you tell what's keeping it attached?

Did the chick detach itself already? Sometimes hatching gunk (waste, sticky membrane) can make the shell stick; other times, there may be unabsorbed yolk or something requiring extreme care if trying to extricate the chick.

Can you tell what's keeping it attached?
I think it was sticky membrane, it managed to get a big chunk off but then it was pulling and there was a little string of it attacked at his bum that looked like it was pulling it badly, so my and my partner got some sterilised scissors and cut it as the chick was struggling and it looked like it could causes damage to the chicks bum, that was last night and the chick is doing well today, I was worried I'd done the wrong thing but I've had more hatching since so I don't think it caused any harm

Back
Top Bottom