Help! chicken biting and aggressive.

Chickener_

In the Brooder
May 26, 2021
I have two young pullets (around 7 months old) and they have been gentle to me up until around a week ago. one of them has started biting me but only at night when I go to put them away. I read some things about how she might be trying to dominate me but everything I find isn't helping. she has started to bite and hold on and even making funny aggressive noises at the same time. my other pullet pecks her a lot especially when she bites me (almost like she's protecting me) so I am wondering if she is low in their little pecking order maybe or she is scared of the other pullet? any help is greatly appreciated! :)

The only time I have had a hen that aggressive with me is when they are broody or if I am picking them up and they do not want to be handled. Do you pick them up to put them up at night? Can they get into their roost on their own?
She sounds too young to be broody.

The only time I have had a hen that aggressive with me is when they are broody or if I am picking them up and they do not want to be handled. Do you pick them up to put them up at night? Can they get into their roost on their own?
She sounds too young to be broody.
Yes, they always have access to their roost but at night they will sit on the fence that is sitting a metre away from the roost instead of going in so I have to pick them up to put them in. I think it could be because she is picked up too often though because I do pick her up quite a lot. I'll refrain from picking her up and see if that helps anything though. :)

Back
Top Bottom