HELP!!!! Chicken Mites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jdcartee87, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jdcartee87

Jdcartee87 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    I show black old english game bantams, a friend gave me 2 trios of brown reds, however theyre ate up with mites I don't won't them to spread this help me I need to stop this and quick....Thanks . I don't get to get on here as much as I like so phone calls would be apreciated. 256-436-0344

Dewayne

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Buy some Seven Dust (or it's called Poultry Dust at the farm store). Powder them up reall good! (They should look like they've been hit with a giant bag of flour) haha

Keep them isolated from your current flock......Repeat in 10 days.

3. Jdcartee87

Jdcartee87 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    Thank you Ill try it, also found out about adams flea and tick spray....uggghhh this is awful....[​IMG](((

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:That happened to me once, when I bought some chickens from a show, and my husband and I were carrying them back to the truck, and we started to see these little bugs crawling on our shirts! We were soooo grossed out!

But it's really very common.......I've also had chickens 4 years now, and one winter, my flock got lice. That made me so angry....I think it came from wild birds taking shelter in my hen house.....That's the only thing I can think of....

Don't worry! It'll be ok!

Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by