Help! Chicken "owns" me and wont let others give me cuddles!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chooke, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Chooke

Chooke New Egg

Apr 9, 2010
    Okay I have 5 chickens. nugget is top of the pecking order and follows me everywhere. I gave rose a cuddle and she pecked her really hard and wont let her near me, and nugget wont leave me alone. x.x When i pick the others up she gets annoyed and they get scared so the stay away from me. I want cuddles from everyone, not just her. Suggestions? (not ones that mean giving nugget away or hurting her!, i love them ALL)

2. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] That is so funny, spoilt rotten chickens!!!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Nugget needs a time out, she's a spoiled brat! [​IMG]

4. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Nugget just loves you to much. lol I have an EE thats acts that way. I just sneak in the others so Clover don't see it and all is well.

5. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    OMG I LOVE IT !!!! Thats so funny !! My Glenda follows me everwhere too but doesnt try to peck at everyone (maybe she tolerates it a little more-lol!!) You have to try to be a little more sneaky!!! When shes in the coop I try to be quiet outside so the others can get there attention but she always comes flying out-don't know how she knows I'm there but all I can do is laugh--they are such a joy to have!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by