help chicken seems sick..

sarahharmon

Hatching
Jan 11, 2016
morgantown
One of my golden comet chickens has been just standing around kinda puffed up with its tail down it's comb and wattles are a little pale and while she's standing she starts falling asleep and breathes with her mouth open she won't eat or drink much she won't really do anything I brought her in the house cause I'm really worried I already lost 5 of my chickens a little while back I don't wanna lose another one
1f61e.png
I checked to see if she was egg bound she isn't none of my other chickens seem to be sick I've tried looking up her symptoms online I didn't really have much luck her poo seems to be normal I don't see any worms or anything abnormal she laid an egg and her tail isn't down anymore but everything else is the same
1f61e.png
please help

Welcome to BYC. What symptoms or illness did your other chickens die of? Can you bring her inside for warmth, and to watch her closely? Give her electrolytes in her water (Gatorade or Pedialyte will work in a pinch,) feed her some egg or chopped tuna in addition to her usual feed. Watch her droppings. Feel of her crop to see if it is full, hard, soft or empty. Feel of her breast bone to feel for any loss of weight. Look her skin over for any signs of tiny bugs (lice or mites,) or their eggs. Worms cannot always be seen in the droppings. Valbazen and fenbendazole (SafeGuard or Panacur) are good wormers.

They weren't sick something got in their coop and killed them
1f61e.png
I did bring her in. I give them electrolytes in their water daily. I also have been feeding them all eggs. She just doesn't seem to want to eat much. I wouldn't say her crop is full but it's not empty also feels kinda soft. I didn't see any bugs. Alright I'm gonna watch her a little while longer and then I'll try those thank you!

Back
Top Bottom