HELP !!! Chicken seen EATING HER EGG !!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pullorroo, Nov 11, 2008.

1. pullorroo

pullorroo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    Mill Valley CA
    My Egyptian Feyoumis was spotted by my husband, gobbling up an egg..... She just started laying two weeks ago.... I don't think it was the Americana or Polish girls eggs ( unless she has been devouring theirs without me knowing they even laid....) We Quickly removed any trace that was left.... HELP

The have a hen house with a pest proof run, and I let them free range every day for a few hours, give them all our left overs, constatnt supply of feed, scratch every day.........

What can I do !!??!!

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Give them golf balls, ping-pong balls, fake eggs in their nest boxes. They will peck at these and try to eat them and give up. Hopefully this will get them to stop trying to eat the real eggs too.

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I've seen other people on here say take a regular egg and fill it with mustard or something nasty. Give her a bad taste.

4. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    i saw on here on another post people were saying when they do this they are lacking calcium try giving them oyster shell an see what happens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by