Hello all, I found one of my month-old chickens with a string wrapped around the base of her tongue this morning. She was in shock when we unwrapped it. She's fine swallowing when I give her water, but the tongue is just hanging there (see picture below) and she won't eat or move around much, just stands with her beak hanging open or tries to eat. Others in previous forums recommended cutting off the tongue when it gets partially severed. But I don't think it's severed, from what i can see, just dead looking. Should I risk infection/hurting her more by cutting the tongue off? Or will leaving it bring on an infection? Other than aspirin/electrolytes, is there anything i should give her? We can't visit the vet for financial reasons or I would love to, but hoping we can help her recover from this!